We are currently looking for a good Operations all-rounder to be responsible for the daily operations in both Imports/Exports & Customer Service in our office in London / UK.
We are a dynamic and progressive organisation in Freight Forwarding and Logistics with more than 120 employees ,who pride themselves on their effectiveness and professionalism. Our network of offices in Greece, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Kenya and Bulgaria ,enables us to have strong presence and prestigious partnerships all over the world, providing our customers outstanding levels of services.
You will accurate and complete records for all import and export transactions, working directly with internal and external customers to include documentation management –coordination of freight booking, freight payment of vendors/freight forwarders.
As part of a friendly team, you will be given the opportunity to use and develop your skills and experience with a future career path and join a rapidly expanding global company.
Our core working hours are :
Monday-Friday from 8:30 a.m-17:30 p.m
Time allocated for lunch:1 h
Overall weekly hours (excluding lunch):40 h
Short Job Description:
· Customer Service
· Communication with Prospective Customers
· Market Research for Suppliers
· Filing and Reporting
· Invoice Handling – Audit Control
· Import – Export Handling / Ocean , Road and Air Transportation
· Documentation & Follow up of Customs Procedure
· Proper Follow up for Nominated Shipments
· Booking Procedure with Carriers and Truckers
Full Job Description:
· Import/ Export Pre-advise/ Pre-alert Handling.
· Arrival Confirmation/Export Bill of Lading.
· Generating Invoices.
· Demurrage/Storage Management.
· Arrangement of Deliveries and Pick ups.
· Transfer of Files to Brokerage.
· Responsible for Customer Service internally, Bookings, Documentation, and Execution of Routing for Assigned Shipments.
· Responsible for Informing Management of Progress and Requirements of the Department.
· Responsible for Reviewing all Documents.
· Assists the day-to-day Operations for Imports and Exports to ensure that Customer Requirements are met.
· Responsible for Communicating Information and Instructions to/from Vendors Domestic and International.
· Ensure that File contains all necessary Document Copies in Proper Sequence.
· Trace Shipment through Transit Points up to Final Destination and Advice Customer Service as needed.
· Excellent use of Internet
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point) ECDL Core Certificate
· Excellent Oral & Written Skills
· Fluency in English/German/Other
· High School Diploma
· BA in related field (Transport/Logistics/Accounting)
· Experience in the Freight Forwarding Industry Experience in Import & Export Operations
· Hard Working
· Customer Service Skills
· Team Working Skills
· Effectiveness in Research Responsibility
· Qualification to work under pressure
· Strong organization/prioritization skills
Qualifications we will undertake:
· Self-Motivation Quick Learning
You may send your C.V directly to our H/R department: E-mail address: email@example.com